COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD CRITERIA
Purpose: To recognize exemplary contributions that 1) impact the well-being of the community or individuals in the community, and 2) enhances the learning experience of UTK students, or 3) teaching and research for UTK faculty.
The official nomination should describe the ways the nominee meets qualifications for this award based on their partnership role within a given community, setting or population. Successful nominations should include specific examples of the nominee’s work related to one of these priority areas or other areas that reflect the strategic goals of the university. Letters of Support should comment on the impact of the community partners contributions on the community, setting, or population served and address all of the items in the nomination packet.
Please supply all materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All activity must have been performed during the 2018-2019 academic year (including summer, fall, spring)
- Submit application & materials electronically to email@example.com
- Hard copies of optional documentation may be sent to the Office of Community Engagement and Outreach
- 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996 ATTN: Community Engagement Award
- Deadline for submission is March 1
- Self-nominations are not accepted. Community partners must be nominated by a University student, faculty, staff or alumnus.
- This category may or may not be awarded annually.
REQUIRED: Provide two letters of support from community partner, stakeholder, or beneficiary that indicates how they benefited from the service provided.
OPTIONAL: Other supporting documentation (i.e. research paper, newsletters or clippings, videos.)
Please ensure that the nominee has consented to the nomination. The nominator can seek assistance from the nominee to most accurately reflect their work in the submitted documents.