The NSF makes it clear that broader impact activities need to be uniquely suited to individual proposals, and should not merely be selected from a list or copied from another proposal.
The following resources and examples should be viewed with these caveats in mind.
- Sample Broader Impact & Intellectual Merit Statements – Graciously shared by successful UT investigators
- Merit Review Broader Impacts Criterion: Representative Activities (Colorado State University)
- Ideas for NSF Broader Impacts Statement (Texas State University)
- Broader Impacts: General Info to Keep in Mind (University of Texas, Dallas)
- Integrating Research & Education – Broader Impacts resources, tips on partnering, & more (Carleton College)